Newbie Question - about newbie user support

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Mar 26 13:30:29 PDT 2008

Michael Hernandez wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Marian Hettwer wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>

>> On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:08:43 -0700 (PDT), Passive PROFITS
>> <passiveprofits at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi there Marian!
>>>
>>> First off, I must point out that it's incredibly nice
>>> to have met my first female (I assume correctly!?) on
>>> a computer related list.  Long rumoured about ...
>>> Finally!  Unlike the Yeti:  actually spotted! LMAO
>>>
>> Sorry to burst that bubble, but Marian is actually a male name. German
>> version of latin Marius.
>> I know, it's a very uncommon name and yes, it happens from time to time
>> that people think it's a female name.
>> ;-)
>

> Passive - Let me pass along a lesson to you that you may have yet to learn:
>
> There are no women on the Internet.
>
> It's true, just ask google.
>
> haha ;)

[530] Wed 26.Mar.2008 15:23:19
[kadmin at archangel][~]
grep -c "Dru " /usr/src/games/fortune/datfiles/freebsd-tips
34

I wonder if Ms. Lavigne would agree?  I guess no one on IRC[1] has
expressed regret at (having|!having) any dealings with her?  :-P

KDK
--
Crime does not pay... as well as politics.
		-- A. E. Neuman

[1] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=there+are+no+women+on+the+internet