Returning to the FreeBSD community ...

Douglas Carmichael dcarmich at dcarmichael.net
Wed Mar 5 05:24:28 UTC 2008

After a long absence from the FreeBSD community (I used it on my
laptop through high school and a bit of college), I'm now returning to
the fold and will be implementing a FreeBSD-based server setup for a
recording studio as my first "commercial" project.

Currently, I'm getting "back into the pool" with FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE
in VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro, and it seems like there have been
a lot of improvements to the OS and infrastructure behind it.

Do you think that it could work well in an environment where it would
be serving large audio/video files? (Would you want SAS drives in the
server?)

Anyway... glad to be back! :)