spotted in the wild...

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Jul 22 14:37:48 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Right about here:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=westwood+cross&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=11.994514,25.136719&ie=UTF8&ll=51.359827,1.395685&spn=0.001546,0.003068&t=h&z=19

where all those cars are parked in the satellite view is now a building
site.  It's 'phase II' of the large shopping center to the north-east of
that image.

All along that road there is a temporary wall of plywood panels, painted
up blue and white and with the main contractor's logo repeated everywhere.
Pretty standard for a largish building site nowadays.

By now, gentle reader, I expect you're all asking "Well, of what possible
relevance is this, Matthew?"

Just this: between the logos there are some architects impressions of
the finished row of shops.  They're obviously all made up shop boards
from who knows where.  You'll be pleased to hear that FreeBSD apparently
has taken a lease on a 1000sq foot set of premises and the logo will be
displayed prominently in letters a meter high -- red text in the authentic
style and red horny-ball logo and all.

I couldn't believe it when I caught sight of it as I was driving past.
Unfortunately, there was no opportunity (or means) to take pictures. I
wonder if they asked permission at all?

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3