simulate 166 MHz to 266 MHz CPU?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Jan 19 13:49:59 PST 2008

I am using bochs and qemu to test some software expected to have good
usability and performance on 166 MHz to 266 MHz CPUs.

I am using qemu with a custom "-brake" patch to slow it down. And bochs
has a Bochs provides a CPU "IPS" (emulated Instructions Per Second)
configuration that can be adjusted.

Any suggestions on how to evaluate if I am really at running somewhere
around 166 MHz to 266 MHz? Any benchmarking tools that you suggest? (I
considered ubench because it has a website with many reported results I
can maybe compare with.)

Or any other suggestions of different (free) software or techniques to do
this?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed