FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

Jonathan Weiss jw at innerewut.de
Sat Jan 12 06:38:36 PST 2008

Robert Watson schrieb:
> I don't
> know if there are technical solutions to this problem, but if we want to
> "meet" many of these newer users of BSD, and hence build up the rapport
> needed to have a productive relationship, we're either going to have to
> lure them onto the mailing lists, find our way onto web forums, or find
> some other technical or social means of getting over that difference.

There are several solutions for bridging mailing lists with a web
interface/forum. Google groups is the most popular one, but there are
also many other solutions, e.g. the Ruby folks use rforum to integrate
several Ruby mailing lists with a forum like web interface.

See http://www.ruby-forum.com/ for examples,
rforum is available at http://rforum.andreas-s.net/

Jonathan Weiss

--