projects for wrt54gl

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Aug 18 12:59:57 UTC 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008 13:59:21 Angus Robinson wrote:
> Not to sure if this list caters this. I have a linksys wrt54gl wireless
> router (the cisco open source AP) and would like to know if there is a
> *BSD projects out there for this AP (i know there are a few linux ones),
> or if IPFW2 can be sucessfully compiled on linux. I have had a look on
> google with not much sucess. Sorry if this is the wrong list.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series

This is powered by a MIPS based SoC.  The FreeBSD/mips port is not ready for
prime time, yet ... but the wrt54gXX should be a possible target once it is.
NetBSD has a mips32 port, but it seems that there are boot problems with the
wrt54

As of now, it seems that *BSD is a no-go on this device - sorry.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org