freebsdmall.com prices

Jason Hensler omegadraconis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:56:24 PDT 2007

On 9/5/07, Darren Pilgrim <phi at evilphi.com> wrote:

> I have subscriptions.  Each CD set is $29.90 shipped.  I consider it
> worthwhile because I don't have to worry about heat and light exposure
> with pressed CDs, so I can stuff the disc set on a shelf in a server
> room or keep a set in my toolkit which tends to stay in my car.  CDRs
> would be toast if left in a hot car or even on top of a warm server.
>
> --
> Darren Pilgrim

I have to agree there with you Darren, as I have had cdr's left in my car
that have had, for lack of a better term, "data melt off ". I think the
biggest advantage of having a cd or dvd release from bsdmall is the well
designed and professional look of the packaging and disks themself. I find
customers to be much more receptive when I have a pressed disk and not a cdr
I printed a label on myself, or worse in a pinch a cdr with hand written
label (though my hand writing is not very good). I think it is a must for
working around customer machines, though cdrs are still fine for home use.
Just my 2 cents,
--
Jason Hensler
omegadraconis at gmail.com