freebsdmall.com prices

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:35:28 PDT 2007

Michael Hernandez wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2007, at 12:44 PM, deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt, I'm wondering how many people are behind the Mall, what the
>> order statistics are, and how much the income is. If the Mall is just
>> a secondary job, and you donate a considerable excess amount, then I
>> have to respect, but also criticize that. The good thing is about
>> *you* supporting the Project, is that *you* can chose what parts of
>> development to encourage. If you donate raw cash, they will spend it
>> on ice cream ;), if you donate a piece of hardware, they will utilize
>> that thing for testing, which is good if your company relies heavily
>> on FreeBSD driver efficiency and stability for that type of piece.
>> However, if you really encourage advertising FreeBSD, you should make
>> promo stuff as cheap as possible.
>
> All the while you can still download the releases for free so what are
> you complaining about anyway? At first I thought you were just asking a
> question and trying to gain insight but now I see you're just trolling.
> I don't really understand what you are trying to gain through this
> ranting.

And I actually was. I don't know where you detect offensive speech. You must be
misunderstanding something. Or I don't care how you look at my messages, even it
it's like This is an unmoderated freebsd-chat, and I'm trolling all over it, sue
me...

If you want to use FreeBSD, you can, and for free. Same for
> NetBSD, OpenBSD, various distributions of Linux...... what's the
> problem? You can't realistically expect to get everything for no cost.
> Or maybe you need clarification between the terms - Free does not
> necessarily mean "at no cost to you" (although as you know you can still
> download and use FreeBSD at virtually no cost to you....)

Thanks, but that was evident to me. I may be a FreeBSD newbie, but I'm not THAT
much of a newbie.