<FRIDAY>

IDG Connect connect at mailer.idgconnect.com
Fri Oct 26 02:01:27 PDT 2007

<FRIDAY October 26, 2007>

     Each Friday, we present a short list of the hottest whitepapers, webcasts and research available. Information you can use to solve problems that crept up during the week, and to prepare for the challenges you'll face in the days ahead. We also provide links to news stories you might have missed, plus facts, quotes and other forms of brain-candy. (Hint: The fun stuff is near the bottom, so don't forget to scroll.) Have a great weekend!

VMware: Guide to Virtual Infrastructure Implementation

An ROI within the first two quarters. It's a real possibility.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80141716//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Fluke Networks: Frontline Troubleshooting Best Practices for Wired and Wireless Networks

A portable handheld network analyzer that helps you quickly see, verify, discover and document.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80203446//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

NEC: The Color of Money

Be green. Get thin. And don't give up the functionality or performance you demand.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80210048//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

VoIP-News: Premise PBX Comparison Guide

See how Avaya, Fonality, Nortel, Siemens and other leading VoIP and IP PBX players fare against each other.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80178725//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Solidcore Systems: The Broader Benefits of Automating PCI Compliance Requirements

Will today's solution scale to solve tomorrow's problems?

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80201977//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

EMC: ESG Talks Application Discovery with EMC

Find out which applications are being stranded, which are being used and how much.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jclp/friday102607/61/80153862//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

CIO|08 The Year Ahead: October 28-30, 2007 - The Hotel Del Coronado - Coronado, California

It's your last chance. In just a few days, CIO magazine's 5th annual The Year Ahead conference kicks off. Don't miss this opportunity to network with colleagues and CIO magazine editors. Learn actionable ideas for avoiding disruptions in your organization. And meet the newest inductees and current members of the CIO Hall of Fame. See if you qualify for complimentary registration--a $1,495 value--by going to this address and entering the special priority code idgc.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80178424//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

LANs and WANs, Routers and Switches, Access and Security

Visit IDG Connect's Networking section for all the latest information on infrastructure.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80213325//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

Contact Juggling - Instinct

A guy who skillfully manipulates crystal balls, cubes and hoops with his hands, body and head.

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday102607/46/80213452//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

On this day in 1958, Pan American Airways made the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York to Paris. In 1940, the P-51 Mustang made its maiden flight. In 1936, the first electric generator at Hoover Dam went into full operation. In 1861, The Pony Express officially ceased operations. And in 1825, the Erie Canal opened passage from Albany, New York to Lake Erie. Happy Birthday Seth MacFarlane (1973), Ted Demme (d. 2002) and Natalie Merchant (1963), Cary Elwes (1962), Dylan McDermott (1961), Rita Wilson (1956), Bootsy Collins (1951), Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (1947), Pat Sajak (1946), Jaclyn Smith (1945), Bob Hoskins (1942) and C. W. Post (1854-1914).

"What we call 'Progress' is the exchange of one nuisance for another nuisance."

 - Havelock Ellis

</FRIDAY>

IDG Connect is a service of IDG Communications, Inc., part of International Data Group--the world's leading technology media and event company. IDG Communications' company brands include CIO, CSO, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, IT World, Macworld, Network World, and PC World, as well as technology-related events including LinuxWorld Conference & Expo, Macworld Conference & Expo, and DEMO.

As a customer of one of the IDG Communications brands, you became eligible to receive email from IDG Connect. For more information, read the IDG Privacy Statement:

http://www.idgconnect.com/privacypolicy/

If you do not wish to receive the <FRIDAY> newsletter from IDG Connect, please send a blank email to the following address (you may need to copy and paste) to automatically remove yourself:

leave-1363050-2466105.5e3506205b0921325bbd21c573a076e4 at mailer.idgconnect.com

If you would like more information about the opportunity to promote your (client's) research assets through IDG Connect, to access the synchronized audience of the world's most powerful family of technology brands, please use this address:

http://www.accelacomm.com/jlp/friday/46/80153767//IDG/EmailAddress=chat@freebsd.org

IDG Connect, 3 Speen Street, Framingham, MA 01701