In the spirit of Godwin's law - I propose Beastie's law

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed Nov 28 04:33:48 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:17:00PM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> CC set to FreeBSD Chat (Jerry you deleted the wrong mailing list)

Well, I am not convinced.

That virgin birth stuff was needed by a people in that time (to comfort
some followers and prove to others that they were just as good as the
other popular religions of the day who all had miracle births), but if
it had not been written, it may well have been dropped in later times -
or it might have grown in to something more interesting for todays kiddies..

Of course, since writing/reading is a core skill in getting our society
where it is today, it is impossible to know what the total picture would
be without it at all and it is unlikely that writing/reading could have
existed for "science" and not for writing history.

But, the fact remains that history is not accurately recorded and we
are condemned to try and relive (in some way) the untrue history.
We are constantly looking back to the good old days -- that never were
like that.

////jerry