Beryl & Gnome 2.20

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 01:25:12 PST 2007

Jayton Garnett wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has had luck with Beryl and Gnome 2.20 (both
> from latest ports) ?
> I've been at it for over a week now and for the life of me, can not get
> the application window borders showing - i've trawled google for help
> tried many many things..

Sounds like you mean the windows decorations. once you have beryl
running, in a terminal window run gtk-window-decorator  or if you have
installed emerald run emerald.
I'd advise moving to compiz-fusion as beryl isnt supported or developed
anymore.

.
> So my question is... is it just broke under FreeBSD?

Didnt use to be when i used beryl but it could be now i guess.

Vince