Any hope to have things requested by NVidia in FreeBSD-7?

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 20:59:49 PST 2007

> Nvidia is not poor company. Hope Nvidia can easily
> afford to pay USD5000/- per feature (like Google
> Summer of codes) to get them implemented. Isn't that
> worth or too expensive to Nvidia? Already Nvidia is
> accused of violating GPL for implementing a closed
> source driver for Linux. How much will cost to Nvidia
> if somebody challenge the legality of the Linux
> driver?

One really has to wonder because for example I offered to do the whole
thing for $1000 (only payable on delivery of completely tested and
integrated kernel features in the mainstream 8-current kernel)... I
never heard back from them.... to me this a no brainier since it
completely risk free for them (if I don't deliver it costs them
nothing)