Any hope to have things requested by NVidia in FreeBSD-7?

Unga unga888 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 19:50:36 PST 2007

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This discussion gets over and over again
> actually, no the required
> >> support is not yet there. There is a wiki page
> which denotes what
> >> is required to get this going.
> >>
> >> http://wiki.freebsd.org/NvidiaFeatureRequests
> >>
> >> If you desperately need this, then consider
> funding someone
> >> (this has popped up before, it's interesting to
> arrange something
> >> like this because you need a trustable
> intermediating party that
> >> can arrange this, the FreeBSD Foundation is
> currently not able
> >> to do so as far as I can recall); who will do the
> work for you
> >> or do it yourself.
> >>
> >> There is currently no other way to get the
> support you want.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> remko

I wonder why Nvidia does not want to fund to get these
features
(http://wiki.freebsd.org/NvidiaFeatureRequests)
implemented in FreeBSD? Its Nvidia financially benefit
out of this driver, isn't it? not anybody else,

Nvidia is not poor company. Hope Nvidia can easily
afford to pay USD5000/- per feature (like Google
Summer of codes) to get them implemented. Isn't that
worth or too expensive to Nvidia? Already Nvidia is
accused of violating GPL for implementing a closed
source driver for Linux. How much will cost to Nvidia
if somebody challenge the legality of the Linux
driver?

If Nvidia is not aware of that they financially
benefit and the probable legal cost for violating GPL,
isn't that the freebsdfoundation should make them
aware of these issues and attract them to fund.

Regards
Unga