xorg 7.2 blathering

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:49:59 UTC 2007

On 23/05/07, Emanuel Haupt <ehaupt at freebsd.org> claimed:
> > Thanks to the team for their hard work.
> >
> > Just a couple of noten for posterity:
> >
> > The procedeure in ports/UPDATING worked (as
> > avertised) on:
> > FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #0: Sat May 12 13:19:04 CDT 2007
> >
> > bsetroot (part of x11-wm/blackbox) seriously prefers
> > that you use the -display flag now (it seems to take
> > >3 minutes to set a background gradient if not).
>
> You might want to give 'Esetroot' a try it comes with x11/eterm.

% Esetroot -display 0:0 -gradient rectanglegradient -from grey16 -to rgb:8/3/3
Esetroot:  Unrecognized option 'g'

Can I assume that this missing fictionality[sic] will be included
in fulture[sic] releases of bsetroot as well?

;-)

(In the background somewhere, I do note that Esetroot displays
png, gif, jpg, and a host of other such hwiol bsetroot only flunctions
in said capacity with the assistance of xv or (appearantly) Esetroot.
Damnit, I like my gradient.  And canoodle anyone who says otherwise,
this is 1974 and the Steelers are going to win the soup or bowl.)