the art of pkgdb -F

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Thu Mar 29 18:18:45 UTC 2007

[cc: redirected >> chat@]

Robert Huff wrote:
> Kevin Kinsey writes:
>
>>  But I bet I'm not the only one who, once upon a time, happened to
>>  try "portupgrade -arR" or equivalent after forgetting to read
>>  UPDATING and ended up with more to do than I originally thought.
>
> 	Might as well paint "PLEASE KICK ME!" and an arrow pointing
> down on your back ....

LOL! Maybe --- depends on the foot to be applied.  Dad
has a big foot; thankfully enough, I suppose, it hasn't
been placed there for 30 years give or take.

Now, at work, I'm  the boss, so if I have to deinstall
every port on the box, I can take the day off and let
it compile as long as Apache, PHP, dovecot, and fetchmail
get "pkg_add" called first thing before anyone else
shows up.  (I suppose one difficulty there is that
PHP seems to be more temperamental than it used to be
before all the modules were "split off", but maybe that's
the fact I've not played with the thing much lately other
than to write code in it.)

Which might show that there is some advantage to being
a "one and 2/3" person organization.  Of course, I can't
think of many others that apply at present.

KDK
--
TACKY:
	Serving grape kool-aid at religious functions.