64bit timestamp

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Mar 25 19:40:33 UTC 2007

On 2007-03-25 01:36, deeptech71 at gmail.com wrote:
>Oliver Fromme wrote:
>> FreeBSD's UFS2 already uses 96bit timestamps, where 64 bits are used
>> for seconds and 32 bits are used for nanoseconds.  Is that sufficient
>> for you?
>
> What the hell for?

``Just because it can.''

Seriously now, please show some more respect to Oliver and the time he
spent to research and write up a very informative reply.  It's not very
nice to post an original email like the one you posted, posing a
relatively unintelligible question, and then reply ``what the hell
for?'' to Oliver's email.  At least *he* tried to find out something by
reading the source, he wrote a reply with details pointers to places
where you can find out more for yourself, and was enough of a gentleman
to *avoid* using potentially offensive words.

Let's be a little more cordial to the ones who help us, shall we?

- Giorgos