what can i do with a 486?

Jason Hensler omegadraconis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 18:20:38 UTC 2007

It seems to be that the motherboard probably does not support booting
from cd as was common with older systems. A side note, I got the same
error on a p4 board yesterday because there was not boot device (bad
mbr). I would try a boot floppy to get the system to access the cd-rom
or install freebsd on the hard drive from another machine and swap it
to the 486.