CD Ripper Recommendation

Nick Hibma nick at anywi.com
Wed Jan 3 01:41:20 PST 2007

>> - configurable MP3 bitrate
>> - CDDB lookup and a user definable naming convention
>> - graphical interface or very sensible CLI
>> - level normalization
>> - good error handling
>
> Grip with cdparanoia

If you set it up right you just have to insert the CD and grip will
automatically rip it, contact CDDB, convert to MP3, etc. I've done 200+
CDs that way, while working at home. And it is highly configurable,
including the split of ripping and encoding, which allows for large
amounts of ripping during the day while encoding continues into the
night (if you have a slow machine like I do).

Nick