Wine compatibility and performance on FreeBSD 7

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Wed Dec 12 18:45:59 PST 2007

Tom Wickline wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 11:41 PM, Brett Glass <brett at lariat.net> wrote:
>> It's worth noting that the WINE project, not long ago, abandoned
>> the BSD license for the GPL despite urging from many sources to keep
>> the code open and free for use by developers. We've stopped using it
>> as a result.
>>
>> --Brett Glass
>>

> Wins is under a free licence, its LGPL and I'm almost 100% sure you
> have no idea why
> the licence was changed!

Anyone who has sat in on company conferences discussing what changes
would be forced because of GPL or LPGL knows that only the BSD is free,
not thje GPL.  LRPL is closer, but the folks who call GPL free are
either lying or ignorant.  They want to force you to do things their
way, but they don't want you to be able to call that coercion.