Keyboard

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Wed Dec 12 08:36:29 PST 2007

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> alive <alive at dienub.org> writes:

>> I was wondering if anybody knew of a good wired keyboard (+ maybe mouse)
>> that my hands won't get tired of using about 8-12 hours a day.
>> Thanks :)
>
> If you're happy with your current set (apart from the RF issues),
> Logitech almost certainly have a wired version.

I really like my Logitech Ultra X.  It's an OEM keyboard and not
available in stores.  I got mine at Newegg for about $20.  For me the
tactile scissor switch i.e laptop style keys are preferred.  It is one
of few modern keyboards that don't try to _improve_the layout.  It's a
straight PC104 layout.  Now if I could just get X Windows to use the
media keys.

I mean to hook up one of those new Apple keyboards real soon now.  They
are so so sweet!  http://www.apple.com/keyboard/  They are available in
wired and wireless.

And if you really like tactile response, the one true keyboard is the
IBM Model M. It also doubles as a weapon for beating burglars who invade
your home.

Later,
Jason