Erroneous delivery of list e-mail

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Wed Apr 11 17:45:35 UTC 2007

"Jason Moss" <jason.m.moss at gmail.com> writes:
> I'm on the same list and also multiple times tried to UNSUBSCRIBE and
> keep getting the same message. But still on the list!
>
> They started yesterday for the first time.  All the emails are
> containing technical issues or subjects related to the tech field.  So
> I'm sure someone from "freebsd.org" can find out what the deal is and
> remove the people/addresses that don't belong on there.

It looks to me like somebody is forwarding FreeBSD mailing list
traffic to random people to annoy us by swamping us with inexplicable
complaints.

It would help a lot if you could send me the complete headers from one
of the unsolicited messages you received.  If you're using Google
Mail's web interface, select one of these messages, click on the "down
arrow" in the top right corner of the message (next to where it says
"Reply") and select "show original", then send me everything up to the
first blank line.  There should be a lot of lines starting with
"Received:", these are the ones I need to see.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no