Erroneous delivery of list e-mail

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Apr 11 16:42:04 UTC 2007

keith at kgparts.com wrote:
> Now my sister-in-law just called me saying she is on the same email list
> and just got this last reply I sent out.... She also had over 100 and
> something emails from this list since yesterday. (Same time I must have
> been subscribed.)

That's probably the best clue so far; it wouldn't be hard for some
err, jokester, to falsify a mail or use the mailman interface to
subscribe a list address somewhere else to a list here, would it?
He could simply be a list subscriber and sign up via the web interface
and then reply to the confirmation mail that was sent to his list?
I guess I need to go back and look at the Mailman interface.  Barring
that, some monkey business with mail(1) and the right command switches
could produce a similar effect.

Keith might allow us to know what list he and he relative are on,
as well --- if this (above) is the case, it might be possible to,
at the very least, get <<them, that is, the list>> unsubscribed.

Kevin Kinsey
--
There's a fine line between courage and foolishness.  Too bad it's not
a fence.