Reason #465132 to Love FBSD....

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Tue May 23 18:17:19 UTC 2006

Kevin Kinsey wrote:
> Mark Ovens wrote:
>> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>>>
>>> grep NO_GAMES /etc/make.conf
>>>

>> Thanks for the tip, but it's not that.
>>

> Well, no prob here (as evidenced in .sig).
>
> cd /usr/src/games/fortune && sudo make install?

Ah-ha! the paths seem to have changed somewhere down the line:

/usr/src/games/fortune{104}# make install
===> fortune (install)
install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   fortune /usr/games
install: /usr/games/fortune: Inappropriate file type or format

On my system, /usr/games/fortune is a directory containing the dat files.

rm -r'd /usr/games/fortune and it installed properly and now works :-)

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Mark