Reason #465132 to Love FBSD....

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue May 16 18:07:44 UTC 2006

Martin Tournoy wrote:
> Kernel from 1999 or 2001, what's the diffrence? Both old...
> Thats the thing with any version of windows, it's already outdated even
> before it's released...

Heh.

> Why no FreeBSD? I set up a freebsd box for my brother, using fluxbox and
> xfce4-panel, and a few "easy" applications (openoffice, xfe, firefox,
> gaim ect.) and he has no trouble using it, even though he's a "computer
> idiot" (well actually, he's an idiot, perdiod, hehe)
>
> freebsd is actually easyer then windows, it's a bit harder to setup for
> the avarage user, but once set up by someone who knows his stuff, it's
> really easy to use...

She has a few apps she's attached to, and, besides, she's my wife.
Maybe it's our "chocolate-jalapeno" relationship, but if I use
FreeBSD and prefer not to use Windows, she's going to prefer Windoze,
safe bet.

I've run FreeSBIE on her desktop box in the house, but she's
not assured it's for her (and, I suppose, I've not done much
to convince her).  For the most part, it works, and my son likes
his AOE ... but *I'm* a Serious User(tm) ;-)

KDK

--
The trouble with a kitten is that
When it grows up, it's always a cat