Great job to all who work on FreeBSD!

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 22:39:20 PST 2006

On 3/6/06, John Reynolds~ <jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com> wrote:
> [ sorry for the cross-post, but both "camps" deserve this message ]

You sound like -current and -stable are at war with each other :-)

As such there's no mailing list for praise, but love and affection
usually go to freebsd-chat.

> A hearty "thank you" to all FreeBSD developers and a job well done! I've been
> "out of the loop" on FreeBSD due to utter busy-ness on the job and at home
> (along with general apathy for being in front of a computer outside work) for
> about 2.5 years now. I decided to finally upgrade one of my boxes from
> 5.1-CURRENT to 6.2-BETA2 over the weekend. Everything went flawlessly and a
> few knobs set within rc.conf and make.conf and my box was totally functional,
> and fast!
>
> My hat's off to all developers, testers, etc. for the sacrifices you give to
> bring such great software to all of us!
>
> -Jr
>
> --
> John Reynolds                            jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
> DEG/SG Storage Components Division      MS: CH6-332 Phone: 480-554-9092
> Structural / Physical Design Engineering swec.ch.intel.com/~jreynold/

Well, thanks to Intel for such really really great hardware (and
I don't really mean CPUs ;) and for providing our community
with drivers, though they are not always beyond expectations.

And thank you for your kindest attitude.