portable audio player >= 18Gb

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Thu Aug 31 08:13:07 UTC 2006

> Even if you decide to get a different player,
> I strongly suggest that you get one that can boot
> Rockbox. http://www.rockbox.org/

Valuable information, I wasn't aware of Rockbox. Merci to all who replied.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I just tested one flash-based player with
FBSD -- SanDisk Sansa m250 (2Gb). The sound quality is not super great,
but passable. An OK player over all (quite nice, actually), and inexpensive.
Best of all, it's a standard umass device, and builds mp3 database itself,
without any software on the host -- just copy mp3's. And even understands
playlists (extended m3u; however, pipe *.m3u through unix2dos).

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2