portable audio player >= 18Gb

soralx at cydem.org soralx at cydem.org
Mon Aug 28 09:16:22 UTC 2006

is anyone feeling kind enough today to recommend a good mp3/ogg player? ;)
The basic requirement is that it should be just a standard umass device,
so I could upload dirs with music files onto it, and then simply tell the
device to play all files in a certain directory, or make some playlists
and play them sequentially. None of that "synchronization" or id3-database
crap.
AFAIK, the only player that has more or less usable interface (the way I
described) is the Cowon, model X5L. However, it'd be interesting to know
if there are (or will be soon) any alternatives. Also, this player is not
available locally, so I'd appreciate if someone who used it for a while
could tell if they found anything bad about the device.

[SorAlx]  ridin' VN1500-B2