netsaint - specifying a listening address

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Mon Sep 12 06:43:59 PDT 2005

Gidday!

I'm setting up a new host to be monitored by netsaint[1].  I'm using
netsaint_statd on the remote host to report status from that host.
One of the issues is that netsaint_statd listens on all IP addresses
(i.e. 0.0.0.0).

The line in question is:

bind(Server, sockaddr_in($port, INADDR_ANY)) || die "Can't bind to
socket: $!\n";

I think what I need to do is change INADDR_ANY to optionally be a
user-supplied value.  Any perl hackers out there want to show me how
to do this in simple way please?

Thanks.

[1] - Yes, I'm still using NetSaint, and not Nagios.  I have no
reason to change.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/