BitKeeper considered harmful

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Mon Oct 3 00:52:44 PDT 2005

According to Kevin Kinsey:
> Hrm, perhaps.  One interesting question:  if it's commercial code, it's
> proprietary, right?  And so how exactly is said developer using BK's
> commercial code if it's not available to him?  If he has signed a NDA,

He is using the binary to handle his projects, stored in a BK repository.
I don't think he has access to BK source code (that was removed years ago
from BM's site).  BM is afraid he might try to find some internal
information about BK, that's all.  BM is now so unsure that they can keep
their technical advance (ha !) that they try to block the competition.

> that's a different issue, of course.

No need for an NDA, just a commercial license which doesn't have the
« don't use BK to write a competitor » entry BTW so McVoy is really
lame.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005