BitKeeper considered harmful

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Sun Oct 2 14:09:59 PDT 2005

I don't know if anyone around here is using BK or know Larry McVoy or has
any friend/relation who does but here is yet another reason to despise him
and avoid BK at all costs:

<http://lwn.net/Articles/153990/>

I've always avoided BK in the past for many reasons (the license being the
primary one) but now, I'm going into a more active opponent mode.
Mercurial is a very interesting product, probably one of the possible BK
killers and I've been using it for 4 months now.

I'd say that even the strongest proponent of capitalism would at least
cringe at this lame attempt to stiffle free competition.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.9.0: Wed Mar 30 20:11:17 PST 2005