Dual P-pro motherboard, cpus, fans and RAM

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 9 13:32:29 GMT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> I have an intel PR440FX dual socket 8 motherboard here populated with
> 2x 200mhz 512K cache Pentium Pro CPUs and 320 megs of RAM.  It has
> onboard wide SCSI and I have a pair of 4.3 gig drives for it + the
> cable.  Also has the typical 2x IDE channels and onboard Intel 10/100
> LAN.  It's ATX form factor.
>
> I'd like to find a home for it (preferably for a developer to use to
> work on SMP)
>
> Email me if you have any questions.

Does FreeBSD 5.x work ok on it?  Either way I'd really appreciate a
dmesg and any feedback on how it works.  For example, does a kernel
that includes 'device apic' but not 'options SMP' work ok as well?
Thanks.