headless server...

Przemysław Nowaczyk p_nowaczyk at o2.pl
Wed Jun 8 14:47:20 GMT 2005

David Wolfskill wrote:

> I'm no expert on PC hardware, but that sounds as if the BIOS is
> deliberately probing the monitor, and if it finds "no monitor," it is
> not only refusing to boot, but refusing to drive the video card.
>
> That seems perverse in the extreme.
>
> And makes that board ill-suited for the taks at hand (headless server).
>
> I don't know the situation where you are, but my inclination at this
> point would be to "cut my losses" and stop trying to make it work for
> that function.  And acquire a different system (or system board) for the
> function.
>
> Peace,
> david

Well.. I didn't thought about this box as a top priority server so as
You say I'll propablly leave it as is.. but it's a shame that a good and
"healthy" box will stay in the corner and collect dust :P
I'm wondering only if it's posiblle that it's the power supply fault
(it's an AT Power Supply)..
thanks,

       Przemysław Nowaczyk        | e-mail: p_nowaczyk at o2.pl
          IT student @            | GG UIN: #1299898
  Poznan University of Technology | RLU: #293754 PLD/Slackware