apple moving to x86

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Tue Jun 7 17:53:19 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:03:03PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Jared <krod77 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I have heard rumors of this, I hope they do, at least make the mac x86
> > compliant.
>
> That's their plan.  It was in the business section of my morning paper
> today.

No, that is NOT Apple's plan. Apple's plan is to use Intel CPUs. It has
nothing to do with "make the mac x86 compliant" or to use commodity PC
hardware.

I think Apple will cause the PC market to clean up their act. To make
hardware that actually does what it says it will do. Something Microsoft
either never understood or lacked the guts to enforce.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net