apple moving to x86

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Tue Jun 7 01:50:56 GMT 2005

Hi,

Claus Guttesen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I know this is a bit off-topic but it will probably have some impact

Isn't chat the better list for this?

> on the ongoing work with FreeBSD. As most know by now Apple will base
> it's next-generation hardware on the x86-architecture moving away from
> the PowerPC.

What is still very unclear is the architecture the machines will have. I
believe they will stick with their peripherials and just change the CPU.
So, the hardware will be still Apple specific. Only the CPU will be the
same as on normal PC.

> My hope is that Apple will take the direction away from Darwin and the

Apple runs like a rabbit followed by a dog. You cannot predict the
direction Apple will go in the very next moment.

Erich