Client controlled Network access ... any experience?

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Mon Jun 6 22:47:06 GMT 2005

Jared wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

>I have used a proxy server in the past with a similar situation as
>yours, I didn't have many problems with it.

Right, but the idea is that I don't have to control the server,
but a somewhat "illiterate" (geek-wise) person (read, lab
instructor, group facilitator, low-level tech person) can enter
a password on either a web form or a client-side app that unlocks
access to the WAN.

Is that what you had going?  It's not unlike what, say,
Yahoo!/SBC DSL does with "parental controls" on their
many millions of home users, but I want similar functionality
for FBSD/cross-platform.

Kevin Kinsey