LDAP help

George Barnett george at alink.co.za
Fri Sep 24 06:28:02 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I'm busy trying to move my addressbook into ldap and I'm running into a
snag.

Say I have the entry:

dn: cn=Doug Test,ou=addressbook,dc=alink,dc=co,dc=za
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
givenName: Doug
sn: Test
cn: Doug
mail: doug at wang.com
mail: doug at foobar.com

Now, this imports fine, but the Mozilla address book as supplied with
Thunderbird and the MS outlooky one wont see the second email address.

I've found I'm able to do the same thing by creating another ou, eg:

dn: cn=Doug Test,ou=secondarymail,ou=addressbook,dc=alink,dc=co,dc=za
mail: doug at foobar.com

One I do this, it finds both, but that's a bit kludgy - 2 entries for
anyone with a second mail address.

Can anybody suggest a better hammer to hit this nail with?

Thanks,

George

--
George Barnett