FreeBSD & Open Source

Sigmascape1 at cs.com Sigmascape1 at cs.com
Thu May 20 05:03:56 PDT 2004

Hi everyone!

This is my first post to this list. I am fairly new to the FreeBSD project, although I have followed some of the previous releases (starting with v4.2) and general news.

Many interest in FreeBSD is primarily in the 'Big Picture' of things as it relates to open source. For the past 5 years, I've been an advocate of a couple of specific oss efforts, OpenOffice.org and Mozilla. in a general sense, I have advocated the use of Linux as a replacement for a certain operating system that originates in WA.

I hope to discuss a lot of issues, and I hope to learn a lot!

Thanks!

MLF