Hickok Sports.com NewsletterMarch 16, 2004

rhickok1109 at earthlink.net rhickok1109 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 16 10:06:02 PST 2004

Your HickokSports.com newsletter

I was forced to take about a week off because I bought a new computer. Many of you, I'm sure, have been through that at one time or another. As computer memories and programs expand, moving from old to new becomes more and more complex and time-consuming. I had to transfer about 16 gigabytes of data and applications, re-install a bunch of programs, download a couple of hundred megabytes of updates from Microsoft, and then go through the tweaking and re-tweaking process. So it was a week off without being a vacation.
Excuses, excuses. . .
The upshot is that it's been a while between newsletters and, despite the long lapse, there's not a great deal to report. But here it is, anyway.

DARTS AND DARTERS
I've added a three-part history of darts and a list of world professional champions. That list is from the former Embassy World Darts Championship, which is now named for the Lakeside Country Club, where it's been held since 1986.
History of Darts
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/darts01.shtml
World Darts Champions
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/wdartschampions.shtml

INTERNATIONAL BADMINTON
Listings of international badminton champions are now on site. That includes the Thomas Cup, for the men's team championship, the Uber Cup, for the women's team championship, and world championship winners.
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/wbadminton.shtml

U. S. WEIGHTLIFTING CHAMPIONS
A complete list of U. S. weightlifting champions has been added. Incidentally, this year's championship just concluded, so I'll be updating that list today.
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/usweightlifting.shtml

SPEAKING OF UPDATES
About this time last year, I commented that March is a very busy month for sports. It's certainly the NCAA's biggest month. While March Madness gets most of the publicity, the NCAA also conducts its wrestling, indoor track and field, swimming, rifle, fencing, and hockey championships. I've been pretty busy just keeping those pages updated, and I'll be doing quite a few more updates in the course of the month, which obviously limits the amount of time I can spend getting new material prepared. (See the next section.)

ON THE CALENDAR
Here are some major events that are coming up in the next couple of weeks, with links to relevant pages on site:
March 15-21 PBA World Bowling Championship
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/pbanatl.shtml
March 18-20 NCAA DI Women's Swimming Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaawswim.shtml
March 18-20 NCAA DI Wrestling Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaawrestl.shtml
March 18-20 NCAA Men's DIII Swimming Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaamd3swim.shtml
March 19-20 NCAA DIII Men's Basketball Finals
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncmd3bask.shtml
March 19-20 NCAA DIII Women's Basketball Finals
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncmd3bask.shtml
March 19-20 NCAA Women's DIII Hockey Finals
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncawd3hock.shtml
March 20 or 21 NCAA DIII Men's Hockey Final
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncad3hock.shtml
March 20-21 World Cross Country Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/wxcountry.shtml
March 22-25 World Figure Skating Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/wfigschamps.shtml
March 25-27 NCAA DI Men's Swimming Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaamswim.shtml
March 25-28 NCAA Fencing Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaafencing.shtml
March 25-28 Nabisco Golf Championship
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/dinahsho.shtml
March 27 NCAA Men's DII Basketball Final
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncmd2bask.shtml
March 27 NCAA Women's DII Basketball Final
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncwd2bask.shtml
March 28 NCAA Women's DI Hockey Final
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncawhock.shtml
March 28-30 NCAA Men's DI Swimming Championships
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncaamswim.shtml
March 31 NCAA Women's DI Basketball Final
http://www.hickoksports.com/history/ncwbask.shtml

As always, if you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know at:
rhickok1109 at earthlink.net

To unsubscribe from this newsletter, click the link below:
http://pub47.bravenet.com/elist/add.php?action=leave&usernum=4021315440&emailaddress=freebsd-chat@freebsd.org