Let it BSD

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Sun Mar 14 22:17:21 PST 2004

I had a few minutes spare working the Sunday nightshift, so I wrote a
BSD theme song, "Let it BSD".  This is sung to the tune of Lennon &
McCartney's Let It Be, but instead of being about wussy religious and
emotional stuff, it is about important things, i.e. BSD operating systems.
I believe it is original - obviously it's a bit like "Code in C", but not
much like it.  And I've not found anything similar with Google.
-Bill.

** Let it BSD **

When I find myself with system trouble,
Library incompatibilities,
There are words of wisdom, BSD.
And in my hour of darkness, there is one CVS tree
make update in /usr/src and download BSD.

BSD, BSD, BSD, BSD,
Whispered words of wisdom,
"Just use BSD."

And for the broken NT servers, leaking kernel memory,
There will be an answer, installing BSD
For though there is GNU Parted, resizing Linux directories,
You only need one disklabel, for running BSD.

BSD, BSD, BSD, BSD,
Whispered words of wisdom,
"Just use BSD."

And when the comms room's darkened, LEDs still shine on me,
UPSed until tomorrow, up 2 years on BSD.
I wake up to the sound of servers, with fans humming merrily,
Crunching starry wisdom, with SETI and BSD

BSD, BSD, BSD yeah BSD
Solaris is no answer, it's not a BSD
BSD, BSD, BSD yeah BSD
Whisper words of wisdom,