"TrustedBSD" addons

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 13:35:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:30:19PM -0500, Kevin Lyons wrote:

> Is there an ACM or IEEE article that quantifies this?

You can not write an accurate assessment of potential vulnerabilites, only
discovered ones.

It does not take a genius to work out that it only takes one line of badly
written code to introduce a vulnerability. It does not take a genius to
realise that badly written code is as much a management issue as any other.

It certainly does not take a genius to asset that well written code
impregnable code is well written and impregnable no matter how many lines of
code it is made up of.

> >"Of late"? You've *JUST* noticed? Wow. :-)
>
> I will rephrase, I noticed enough to finally comment.

Even so. :-)

--
Paul Robinson
http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/