BtVS: UK or US DVDs?

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at papagena.rockefeller.edu
Fri Jun 11 15:01:39 GMT 2004

Brad Knowles said on Jun 11, 2004 at 12:08:25:
> At 10:34 AM +0100 2004-06-11, Paul Robinson wrote:
>
> > I would suggest "neither". However, of course, it's technically illegal for
> > you to buy DVDs licensed for a region in which you do not reside. That's the
> > point of putting regions on DVDs.
>
> 	No, it's not illegal at all.  It's perfectly legal to buy Region
> One DVDs and have them shipped to Europe (or elsewhere),

When I lived in Paris (around two years ago), the Virgin Megastore
there -- hardly an underground operation -- had an entire section of
Region 1 DVDs.  I bought a couple myself, and one of them had dire
warnings about the alleged illegality of selling it outside the US and
Canada, which didn't seem to bother the store.

Rahul