Need advice on an application for creating a Newsletter

Srot BULL pwd8jmr22w at me.point.ne.jp
Wed Jul 21 15:56:08 PDT 2004

Hi to everyone,

Since I did not think that this post is about asking a technical
question on FreeBSD, I thought I should try this list first for any
advice or help.
Now here is my problem, I have been incharge (on/off) for the
publication of our Newsletter (we call it Bulletin Board), I have had
experiences on Adobe's expensive applications...Photoshop and
PageMaker...What would be the best way (application in the ports) for me
to start with...? I have tried Scribus from the ports but, it is like
using PageMaker with a Distiller inside, please do not get me wrong I
have nothing against Scribus...I just want to learn new ideas...
Besides, the publication only have 4 pages with 2-4 images per
page...and I will have to print some copies and email some (text) and
maybe upload in our website.
I have search the internet...DocBook, XML...(did not have the courage to
read all because, there were just too many and I still do not know if I
am in the right track...
I was thinking of using Vim as my editor (close to vi, would really help
me learn both)...but after that, I do not know what to do next...
Anybody using FreeBSD for small DTP here?  Mine is just 4 pages...If you
could reply with some links where to start?  Would be a big help for
me...I hope I have not wasted your time with this long posting...

Srot BULL