training (was Resourceful BSD/Linux Network Administrator)

bja at Illinois.DynDNS.Org bja at Illinois.DynDNS.Org
Mon Jul 5 09:03:00 PDT 2004

> As for learning via reading: that is fine for many -- including myself.
> But many students need the extra push by actually attending a structured,
> hands-on class. Also classes, even running at a slow pace, can cover a
> lot more than a student trying to self-teach themselves.

I disagree here. I'm a self-taught student and I doubt any classes would
have taught me as much as installing the system and using it day to day
for a couple months. I eventually set up a FreeBSD and my family and I
rely on it for just about all computer functions.

Hands-on is great, but classes are not needed.

Brandon Adams