New Open Source License: Single Supplier Open Source License

Gary W. Swearingen underway at comcast.net
Sun Jan 25 21:24:59 PST 2004

Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd at online.fr> writes:

> I strongly suggest you read it and think about it for yourself.

[...]

> You don't require its permission for that.  If you legally have a copy
> of it, you can do what you like to it, just as if you legally
> purchased a book, you may scribble on its margins.

You are wrong.  If you legally have a copy of it, you can do what you
agreed to do with it, else you've violated your copyright license
agreement to copy, derive, and/or and publish.

[...]

> Try reading up, just a little, on copyright law.

I strongly suggest that you try being just a little less patronizing.
I've read more than enough about copyright law and software licenses
and the GPL to not appreciate people treating me like an ignoramus.
And you should know that by now.  If you can't follow my arguments or
don't want to argue with them, just ignore me or give your own and
keep your insulting comments to youself.