Where is FreeBSD going?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Jan 7 09:33:24 PST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Marian Hettwer wrote:

> Additionally it would be cool if we just get better reviews in
> magazines. Some Linux magazines write an article about FreeBSD too. But
> this only happens once or twice in a year. (I'm actually talking about
> German Magazines, dunno about US or UK mags)
> Howto improve this ?

Send letters to the editors of the magazines asking them to publish more
FreeBSD articles. And specifically ask for certain topics too.

Then find writers to submit articles or queries. (Maybe ask advocacy list.)

If anyone knows of a magazine that should or has included FreeBSD (or *BSD
related) articles, please let me know. I'll be glad to submit query
letters.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. Do not suggest Linux Journal. They gave me a contract saying they
don't have kill fees and there is an unknown possibility that articles may
be published online (instead of print) for a great reduction in pay (for
same work).