Who's the troll?

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd at online.fr
Tue Jan 6 14:04:14 PST 2004

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd at online.fr> writes:
> > [is Bill Huey the troll?]
>
> Does anybody seriously believe this?

Mark Murray, a FreeBSD core team member, publicly said this on an
archived and searchable mailing list.  That's my problem with it.
Nobody cares what random people may have said to one another on
IRC, but when someone who can be regarded as a spokesman for the
project puts it on record, it's significant.

> For my part, while I don't particularly like Bill Huey, I have no
> reason to believe that he is the troll, and a couple of good reasons
> to believe that he isn't:

And I agree totally with all your reasons for believing he isn't.

Rahul