Personal patches and simple mutual respect

Timothy Beyer beyert at cs.ucr.edu
Tue Jan 6 05:17:05 PST 2004

> Rush Limbaugh doesn't add anything to FreeBSD, but nor
> do the following:
> Al Franken, Michael Moore, Janeane Garafolo, Sean Hannity,
> Dr Laura, Neil Boortz, Alan Colmes, James Carville etc...

Right on.  I find many of these individuals equally offensive, if not far
more
so than Rush Limbaugh.

Perhaps Rush is no source of insight, but if his fortunes are removed, why
not remove the fortunes of all of the previously named individuals?

Why not? Because then it just becomes a game of "lets remove everyone
whom I disagree with."  I really don't see a reason to remove these
fortunes,
though it seems to indicate the situation at large:

fortune files should be divided into categories as optional ports.

--Tim