"Designed for FreeBSD" stickers

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Tue Dec 7 12:22:14 PST 2004

Someone broke the silence:

>> Now we need to slap few graphic designers and a marketer together and lock
>> them up in a closet.
>

> You want to slap them and then lock them up in a closet?
> They'll probably
> all eat the marketer for suggesting that Windows is better than
> either FreeBSD or Mac.

Nice diet?

After few more minutes of thinkings, 'Powered by' is more suitable than 'Designed for'.

I work as a system administrator.  We have mixture of Linux, Windows, Freebsd(thanks to me) in our server room.  It's pretty sad when I can see the Windows and the Linux (redhat - slackware) logos stuck on the front of the rack servers.

We show our potential clients to our production server rooms whenever they request for it.  They always ask what those (freebsd) servers are running because there are no logo stickers.  I ended up sticking a white label with black arial font "FreeBSD."  Is this what FreeBSD systems deserve?

FreeBSDsystems had couple of nice logos on their server packages.  I think that we should set few samples up for the community to use.

For myself, I want one so I can stick it on my desktop at home so it'll look better to casual computer users and to annoy my wife that my desktop is better than her gentoo desktop.

Chris