And now, the Linux is near...

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 00:53:02 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:32:35PM -0500, Diane Bruce wrote:

> A well known solid company that offered support contracts for any of the
> bsd's to nervous corporation/ISPs might be able to survive. It is a chicken
> and egg situation and I doubt there is any well known solid company that
> could do it.

Well, IBM are doing it with Linux. No, no, you're right, they're not
solid at all...

I do actually know that there are plenty of SMEs out there who would
love to move to Open Source, even if it were just Open Office and
Thunderbird/Firefox but can't get any of the local support companies to
provide a contract for assistance. I suspect it's the same all over the
place.

--
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx