Google toolbar

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Dec 1 11:34:31 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Mark wrote:

> I notice in the last 2 weeks or so a new entry in my Sarg-Squid reports,
> google toolbar traffic, may be for checking for updates or tracking
> surfing habits, it seems to rotate one hour later each night.  Has
> anyone else noticed this in their reports?

Read the manual.  Google Toolbar, Deskbar, and Desktop Search all
automaticly update themselves on a regular basis.  Google Toolbar sends
back anonymous stats on your web usage if you chose to leave it enabled
(and it asks you during installation if you wish to leave that feature on
or turn it off).

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"